Files are Ontology Web Language in TTL (turtle) notation.
The base directory is http://hedgefundontology.com/hfr/ Below is a list of Ontology files in this site. Just right-click on the filename to download or copy the link into your ontology editor.
|./||Hedge_Fund_Reasoning.ttl||hfr-fund-reas||The data triples in this ontology instantiate FinRegOnt classes USC_Title, USC_Chapter, USC_Paragraph etc. along with their properties. They are loaded from USC-2015-title12-chapter17, reverse engineered from the original data in Office of the Law Revision Counsel XML file.|
|data/||PFRD_Example_PF.ttl||pfrd-samp||Ontologies in the data directory have only instances. The SEC example is for SMITH RELATED EXAMPLE CORP, Chairman John Smith. PFRD_Example_PF.ttl includes the sample files for SMITH initial, updating, amending, transition and final filings.|
|PrivateFundSampleData.ttl||hfr-samp-data||An ontololgy with example instances of fictitious Vermont hedge funds.|
|form/||PFFormFiling.ttl||pfrd_sec||An OWL representation of the Private Fund Form Filing XML schema.|
|ref/||Hedge_Fund_Financial_Reference.ttl||hfr-fin-ref||Hedge Fund specific financial reference data.|
|Hedge_Fund_Legal_Reference.ttl||hfr-leg-ref||The ontology defines legal classes and properties for Hedge Funds.|
|rule/||Rules_Investment_Adviser_Act_Private_Fund.ttl||hfr-rule-iaa||Defined classes and SPARQL rules to implement filing requirements for Hedge Funds under the Investment Adviser Act.|
The swim lane diagram shows the include tree for Hedge Fund Reasoning.
To the left are the Ontology Layers.
- An upper ontology (aka top-level ontology or foundation ontology) is an ontology which describes very general concepts that are the same across all knowledge domains. Well known core ontologies are BFO, GFO, DOLCE, SUMO and Dublin Core. (Wikipedia)
FIBO and LKIF don’t import Upper Ontologies. They define general concepts like dates, relationships, and roles themselves.
- The goal of a core ontology is to provide a global and extensible model into which data originating from distinct sources can be mapped and integrated. (Doerr, Hunter, Lagoze)
The core ontology applies to a specific domain, such as biology, medical, Legal and Finance. LIKIF and FIBO cover both Upper and Core ontology layer. The Financial Regulation Ontology aligns and extends the Legal and Finance reference ontologies, thus FinRegOnt is in the Core Layer.
- The Operational Ontology is an implementation of a core ontology. It is specific enough to hold source data. Both Fund and Hedge Fund Regulation are operational ontologies for the finance sub-domain of investment management. Hedge Fund Regulation ontology is a specialization of the Fund Regulation Ontology.
The boxes in the diagram depict the prefix of the ontology files (graphs).
- hfr-* Hedge Fund Regulation ontology files
- pfrd-* Private Fund Registration Depository – the ontology files related to Form PF.
- fr-* Fund Regulation ontology files
- iapd-* Investment Adviser Public Disclosure – the ontology files for the Compilation Report and Form ADV
- cfr-* Code of Federal Regulations – text of CFR pertaining to the Investment Adviser Act
- usc-* United States Code – text of the laws
- fro-* Financial Regulation Ontology
- lkif-* Legal Knowledge Interchange Format
- fibo-* Financial Industry Business Ontology
The arrows denote an include. Hedge Fund Reasoning ontology, is a t the bottom left. It imports the rules ontology “hfr-rule-iaa,